I woke up Saturday morning to a notification that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by millennialcreativity! Thank you so much!
This is my very first blog award, and I’m still amazed that my little blog with its motley collection of posts was deemed worthy!
Here’s how the Liebster Award works:
- Link the person who nominated you to your blog post and let them know you answered their questions.
- Answer the 11 questions you’ve been asked
- Nominate other bloggers for the award (you’re meant to nominate new bloggers who don’t have a strong following yet. I’ll try to adhere to that, although at times I will take the Award Title literally. “Liebster” means “Favourite” in my native language, so I’ll pass some of the love to my favourite bloggers)
- Write down 11 questions the bloggers you nominate have to answer
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by leaving a comment on their blogs
First of all, here are my answers:
1. Who’s your role model?
I don’t really have a role model, as such. I just admire various people for what they do or stand for. People who do not give up no matter what life throws at them. Who live independently and do what they love.
2. What topics are most fun for you to blog about?
I love to write about books and films/TV and theatre. not so much about celebrities, but more about the roles they play and how those characters affect me. Although I really enjoy doing interviews and I’m hoping to get a few more for this blog. I like to ramble on about things I like. And I love writing about travel, recommending places I have been to or writing about why a region fascinates me. Those pieces are also often a trip down memory lane.
3. If you could visit any other country / region, where would you go, and why?
I have never been to Asia, so I’d start there. I’d love to see the Himalayas and get to Everest Base Camp one day on a tour taking in India, Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet. But for now I’d settle on spending a year in London, New York and Adelaide, just to soak up the culture there and see the seasons change.
4. Do you have a creative space in which you work?
Yes. Well, my desk is currently being taken over by university binders and text books, so when I work on my laptop I usually sit cross-legged on my couch right next to my book shelves. When I write by hand, I sit at my desk for the added height. But in the summer I like to sit outside or at a café and work there.
5. Complete this sentence: Most people would be surprised to find out that I…
…helped set the 2003 Guinness Double World Record of Biggest Dance Group Lecture & Biggest Dance Group Performance at the YOU in Essen, Germany
6. What is one thing you hope to do to improve your blog over the next year?
I’m hoping to do more reviews and interviews and get a bit more tech-savvy on behind-the-scenes stuff.
7. How do you wind down and relax in the evenings before bed?
As a grad school student, I currently study till I drop with exhaustion, but when I’ve got a bit of time I try to either read or watch an indie movie/episode of a TV show (preferably funny ones to de-stress).
8. What’s your “Achilles’ heel” when it comes to blogging?
Time management. The writing and all is going really well, but I keep having to rush things to publish them in a timely manner when I should have written and scheduled them ages ago. Case in point: The A to Z Challenge posts…
9. Biggest pet peeve?
Their / There / They’re and To / Two / Too mistakes and “would of”. I get the odd typo, and I’ve made loads of mistakes as well (mainly due to haste and auto-correct, though, rather than not knowing the difference), but whenever I read blogs or fiction, those mistakes are always the most cringe-worthy for me.
10. If you could have any superpower, what would you be able to do?
Absorb, retain and apply knowledge. As in touch a book and learn everything it contains, keep that knowledge and be able to recall it perfectly in the right situation in a timely manner.
11. My advice to other new bloggers:
Keep blogging. It takes a while to develop your voice and style. And when you participate in blog hops, make sure you visit the other bloggers and like/comment – pay it forward. Experiment a little with your blog, find out what works and what doesn’t and get comfortable using your CMS.
And the nominees are:
If you choose to accept the
mission award, please answer the following questions:
- What got you into blogging?
- Which of your blog posts are you proudest of and why?
- When do you write / blog best?
- What topics would you like to explore a bit more on your blog?
- Complete the following sentence: Blog hops are…
- What does creativity mean to you?
- What was the last book you read and why did you choose it?
- Which topic could you blog / write passionately about for hours?
- How do you find topics to blog about?
- What have you planned next for your blog?
- What makes you happy?
2 thoughts on “Liebster Award for Study.Read.Write!”
Awesome answers to those questions! I agree with the pet peeves… though auto correct sometimes gets the better of me. And time management… yeah. Rough. Me too. 😉