This is my second time participating in ROW80. While I didn’t quite manage to achieve all my goals for the last Round, it did get me to be more creative.
I also know what to expect now and how it all works, so without further ado, here’s my List of Goals for the first Round of Words in 2015!
Master of Arts Studies
- Complete course “Psychology of Communication” by February 5 with all outstanding assignments handed in.
- Complete course “Cross-Cultural Communication” by February 19 with all outstanding papers handed in
- Start course “Persuasion” once the other courses have been graded
- Study at least 4 hours per day during the week
- Study at least 8 hours per day on the weekend
- Write a short story or poem every day (part of my 2015 New Year’s Resolutions)
- Update this blog 2x a week for ROW80
- Post 1 Study Tip, 1 Story Prompt, 1 Setting Inspiration and 1 Character Inspiration and 1 Life Hack per week on this blog
- Wreck half of my Wreck This Journal
As you can see, my studies need to take priority. The modules are relatively short, and assignments tend to be no more than 3 pages double-spaced, but that’s still quite a few papers to write as I got distracted by my job, family situation and SAD lately.
However, I am paying too much in tuition fees to fail or quit, so I really need to get into the distance learning mindset, pronto! The one thing I’ve learned so far is that I much prefer lectures and actually speaking to professors. I miss my old university and profs, I really do!
The writing should be easy, as it is part of my personal challenge to write something every day. So far this year I have written a fan fiction, and instead of a short story per day, I’ve written a chapter.
They are fairly short (around 600 words each), but I have written something.
I am using Pinterest to collect all sorts of Life Hacks, Study & College Survival Tips, Story Prompts, as well as Setting and Character Inspiration pictures. Currently, I’m setting up a posting schedule so I will post one of each every week. They will most likely just be the picture and a link back to source and/or Pinterest, so it doesn’t require too much work on my part (as I have studying to be getting on with, see above). Hopefully some of the tips and prompts come in handy for you.
As for the Creativity factor, I figured making a start on my Wreck This Journal would be a good idea. It’ll live in my handbag, so I can do several of the pages while out and about. I’ll also try and use it as a study break, because it really DOES help to draw a picture and doodle a bit or throw it against the wall to crack the spine after reading eBooks for 2 hours and trying to summarise them in layman’s terms.
So, these are my goals. What are yours?
I hope to see you around the Blogosphere during this Round of Words! Good luck!
Add yourself to the list of ROWers.